Mainstreet Credit Union is a HomeReady mortgage lender. HomeReady helps members with a low to moderate incomes, first-time buyers, and those who have limited cash for down payments. What’s great about our HomeReady Loans is that family and friends can help you fund your home, even if they don’t live with you!
To apply for a HomeReady loan you must meet these requirements:
• Income less than or equal to the area median income (AMI)
• Minimum credit score of 620
• Participation in home-ownership education
We're excited to help guide you throughout the home buying process. With a Mainstreet HomeReady loan, we strive to provide these benefits:
• Down payments as low as 3%
• Gifts can be used for down payment
• Reduced Private Mortgage Insurance (PMI)
• No prepayment penalty
• Competitive interest rates
• Fees $500 less than competitors on average because we process and close our own loans
• We don’t sell our conventional loans, so your service is always local and personal
We make the home buying process as simple and convenient as possible. You can track and check your mortgage Online so you’re always up to date with your account. Apply Online today!
How to apply
Applying for your HomeReady Mortgage loan is easy! We know you have places to be, so we make applying for a Mainstreet loan as convenient as possible. You can apply Online anytime from your phone or computer or you can always stop in and talk with us at any Mainstreet location.
Apply 24/7 Online at mainstreetcu.org or dial 1.888.395.1010 during normal business hours. To make your loan application even easier, have employment information, income and social security numbers of all applicants handy.